The Vaca Valley Railroad was about to inaugurate its new line in Solano County in 1870. However, the residents of Silveyville were not happy when they found out that the tracks would not cross into their town. The tracks did cross the land of Thomas Dickson. In order to grow, the residents of Silveyville would have to move closer to the tracks. With Dickson in charge of the relocation, pioneers started what is now known as the Downtown Dixon area.
Peter Timm, a cabinetmaker who had recently arrived from Schleswig-Holstein, Denmark, moved the buildings on large flat cars with wooden rollers, like telephone poles, to the railroad tracks. Peter Timm was the great-grandfather of Dr. Peter Timm, who serves today as a local Dixon veterinarian. One of the first buildings that still stands in Dixon from the 1871 move is the Dixon Methodist Church located at 209 North Jefferson Street Dixon, CA 95620